Mosul (IraqiNews.com) Today the Mosque of Prophet Yunus, Biblical Jonah, was completely destroyed by terrorists of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant after they had already destroyed and looted the graves of prophet Yunus (Jonah) and prophet Shayth (Biblical Seth) on July 4th, as first reported by IraqiNews.com.
ISIL terrorists ordered everyone out of the Mosque of the Prophet Yunus before detonating and demolishing it, declaring that “the mosque had become a place for apostasy, not prayer.” The explosions damaged nearby homes.
One of the pictures show heavy plumes of smoke from the scene, while another picture shows the shrine which was blown up entirely amid people gathered around it.
On Wednesday ISIL destroyed the 1400 year old Imam Yahya Abul Qasim Mosque in Mosul: URGENT: ISIL destroys 1400 year old mosque located west of Mosul
ISIL has been rampaging through Iraq, destroying world-famous antiquities and holy sites of Shia Muslims, Sufi Muslims, Christians, Yazidis and any other group they oppose as reported extensively by IraqiNews.com:
- URGENT: ISIL loots and destroys Shia mosques near Kirkuk
- URGENT: ISIL destroys Mosul mosques, pillages contents
- URGENT: ISIL dug up grave of Prophet Younis (biblical Jonah) in Mosul
- “ISIL blows up Shia mosque in Muqdadiyah, Diyala
- Iraqi Christian church burnings confirmed by EU delegation
- ISIL orders destruction of all churches in Mosul
- 2000 years of Christian history in Iraq may end – Iraqi Chaldean Church