in

Battle in Kobani is not over, says Pentagon

The Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren
The Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren

(IraqiNews.com) The Pentagon has declined to declare that the battle in the Syrian town of Kobani is over or that the ISIS group militants had been entirely pushed out after a four-month battle for the town.

Colonel Steve Warren, the Pentagon spokesman said, “I am not prepared to say the battle there is won. The battle continues. But as of now, friendly forces … I believe, have the momentum,”

U.S. defense officials announced last Friday, that about 70 percent of the Syrian town of Kobani was in control of the Kurdish Peshmerga forces after about four months of constant fighting in the city.

 

Related links:



One Comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Iraqi S.W.A.T forces kill 30 ISIS militants in Fallujah

Cabinet agreed in principle on formation of National Guard, says Jabouri