in

Turkey’s failed coup attempt leaves 160 dead

People gather on the top of a Turkish military tank early Saturday, July 16.
People gather on the top of a Turkish military tank early on Saturday, July 16.

(IraqiNews.com) BAGHDAD – Turkish News Agency ‘Anadolu Agency’ stated on Saturday, that the failed coup attempt that took place in Turkey on Friday has left with around 1600 casualties.

Quoting Turkish government officials Anadolu Agency said, “The attempted coup by the Turkish army on Friday has left at least 160 dead and 1440 injured.”

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said, “2,839 military personnel involved in the coup attempt had been arrested. Some of them are senior officers.”

Adding further Yildirim said, “20 pro-coup soldiers have been killed on Friday night’s attempt to overthrow the government and the defeat of the coup is the victory of our democracy.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Abadi chairs Ministerial Council’s urgent meeting

Dozens of terrorists killed in airstrike east of Ramadi