Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) A member of the Parliamentary Economic and Investment Commission, MP Noura al-Bajari, confirmed on Wednesday that the initiative to revalue and delete zeros from the Iraqi Dinar is ready for implementation by the Central Bank although it will be delayed by five years given the political and security situation of Iraq.
In an interview with IraqiNews.com al-Bajari said “The policy to delete zeros from the Iraqi currency is ready to be executed by the Central Bank, however, its implementation will be delayed by 5 years on the basis of the extreme security and political situation of the country.”
Al-Bajari said that the head of the Central Bank of Iraq had previously said that this policy from parliament was accepted and that the zeros will be deleted from the Iraqi currency in the next 5 years.
- Iraqi dinar to have 3 zeros canceled by the Central Bank of Iraq according to Finance Commissioner
- Iraqi Cabinet rules out replacing or omitting zeros from Iraqi dinar
- Finance Committee: Ground not suitable to delete zeros from Iraqi dinar
- Economist highlights feasibility of crossing out zeros from Iraqi dinar
- Canceling Iraqi currency’s Zeroes discussed – MP
- Cancellation of “zeros” from Iraqi currency won’t solve Iraq’s economic crisis, expert says
- Deleting zeros from Iraqi dinar needs unavailable stability, say experts
- CBI: removal of zeros meant to boost currency policy
- Changing of Iraq’s currency represents largest corruption process in country’s history, official says