Tikrit (IraqiNews.com) On Wednesday, according to a local source in Salahuddin province, ISIS elements blew up the shrine and historical mosque of Al Arbain in the center of Tikrit.
The source said in an interview for IraqiNews.com that “this morning, the militants of ISIS bombed the shrine and the historical mosque of Al Arbain in the center of Tikrit with a number of improvised explosive devices that were planted in its surroundings.”
The site included the remains of 40 fighters from the era of Umar ibn Al-Khattāb.
The source, who asked not to be named, added that: “The bombing resulted in the collapse of the entire Shrine.”
- URGENT: ISIL destroys Mosque of Biblical Jonah, Prophet Yunus
- URGENT: ISIL loots and destroys Shia mosques near Kirkuk
- URGENT: ISIL destroys Mosul mosques, pillages contents
- URGENT: ISIL dug up grave of Prophet Younis (biblical Jonah) in Mosul
- “ISIL blows up Shia mosque in Muqdadiyah, Diyala
- Iraqi Christian church burnings confirmed by EU delegation
- ISIL orders destruction of all churches in Mosul
- 2000 years of Christian history in Iraq may end – Iraqi Chaldean Church