(IraqiNews.com) Over 200 Kosovo citizens have left Kosovo to join radical groups in Iraq and Syria, including the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), says the Kosovar Center for Security Studies (KCSS).
The KCSS report, which was published on Tuesday, shows that by mid-January 2015, at least 232 citizens from Kosovo have left the country to join the most extremist groups in Iraq and Syria. There are 232 confirmed cases of Kosovo citizens fighting for radical groups, including the ISIS group and opposition forces in Syria, according to the report.
The first Kosovar that is known to be killed fighting alongside opposition forces in Syria was a citizen named Naman Demolli from Pristina, whose death was announced in a video uploaded to YouTube in November 2012.
- 15,000 foreigners from 80 countries fight for ISIS in Iraq and Syria says United Nations
- 20 Chinese citizens fight for ISIS in southwest of Kirkuk
- 1700 Russians fighting for ISIS in Iraq and Syri
- 335 Belgians fight in ISIS ranks in Iraq and Syria
- 450 Germans fight alongside ISIS, says Head of German Intelligence
- 300 Kazakhs fight with ISIS says Kazakhstan’s National Security
- 5 New Zealanders fight with ISIS in Syria says NZ PM