in

6 civilians killed, injured in bomb blast southwest of Kirkuk

Archival photo.
Archival photo.


(IraqiNews.com) Kirkuk – A security source in Kirkuk province said on Wednesday, that six people had been either killed or injured in a bomb blast that targeted civilians escaping from ISIS in the district of al-Hawija southwest of the province.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said in a statement obtained by IraqiNews.com, “Today, an explosive device went off while a group of civilians were escaping from the district of al-Hawija (55 km southwest of Kirkuk) towards the district of al-Dabs northwest of Kirkuk,” noting that, “The blast resulted in killing four of them and wounding two others.”

The source also added, “ISIS had booby-trapped the roads to prevent the escape of civilians from the areas under its control.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 ISIS members killed by Iraqi army shelling south of Mosul

Abadi exempts Special Forces Commander from his position