in

8 casualties in bomb blast near popular restaurant southeast of Baghdad

Archival photo.
Archival photo.


(IraqiNews.com) Baghdad – A source in the Interior Ministry said on Tuesday, that eight people had been either killed or injured in a bomb blast southeast of Baghdad.

The source said in a statement received by IraqiNews.com, “This afternoon, an [improvised] explosive device went off near a popular restaurant in the area of al-Za’faraniya, southeast of Baghdad, resulting in the death of two persons and wounding six others,” pointing out that, “A security force rushed to the area of the incident and transferred the injured to a nearby hospital for medical treatment and the two dead bodies to the forensic medicine authority, while imposed a security cordon around the area.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Police forces liberate all roads and villages between Karma and Fallujah entrance

Security forces reopen Baghdad-Karma Road east of Fallujah