in

Al-Saylul Jarif operations concluded in Baghdad

Aftermath of a bombing that targeted Baghdad’s souther entrance’s checkpoint


Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Security troops haven opened entrances and exits of al-Tarmia town in Baghdad, after concluding Al-Saylul Jarif operations, a security source in Baghdad said on Saturday.

Speaking to Al-Sumaria News, the source said “the troops concluded Al-Saylul Jarif operations in al-Tarmia town, located north of Baghdad.”

“The forces started to withdraw from Tarmia and reopened the entrances and exits after taking all necessary security measures,” the source, who preferred anonymity, added.

The military operations were launched by Baghdad Operations Command on April 9 in search for suspects and weapons.

Earlier on Saturday, the Command declared confiscating an amount of missiles and explosives in different regions across the capital.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) has said that violence in the country left 1115 casualties, excluding security members, during March. Baghdad was the second most affected province with 84 deaths and 246 injuries, according to the organization’s monthly casualty count.

While several blasts are not followed by a claim of responsibility, Islamic State militants said they had been behind some bloody explosions and attacks that hit the capital in the past months, leaving casualties among civilians and security troops.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Islamic State militant linked to Charlie Hebdo attack could still be alive: Iraq

Airstrike destroys 4 IS vehicles west of Anbar