Al-Anbar (IraqiNews.com) On Monday, Anbar Operations Command announced, that a high ranking military officer in the army has been killed during an offensive against ISIS militants in the district of al-Karma.
The commander of Anbar Operations Command, Major General Qasim al-Mohammadi, stated for the press, “The deputy commander of the First Division in the Army, Brigadier General Wadah Mahmoud, has been killed during violent clashes between the security forces and the ISIS group militants in the district of al-Karma, located 53 km east of Ramadi.”
Earlier today, Baghdad Operations said the security forces have regained control over the northern axis of Karma district.
- BOC announces collapse of ISIS frontlines east of al-Karma, Fallujah
- MoD: Army forces began operation to liberate al-Karma
- Army forces kill 25 terrorists in al-Karma, Anbar
- Iraqi forces liberate northern Karma, kill dozens of ISIS militants
- BoC: 50 terrorists killed in western Baghdad and al-Karma