Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Eight people were killed and injured in a second bomb blast in Sadr city, east of Baghdad, a security source said on Sunday.
Speaking to AlSumaria News, the source said “a bomb, went off in Sadr city, leaving three people killed and five others injured.”
Earlier today, a security source was quoted saying that four people were injured as a bomb, inside a vehicle, went off in al-Hubaibiya region in Sadr city leaving two men and two women injured.
A security source from the Interior Ministry previously said that three people were killed and injured in a bomb blast in al-Sho’la region, northwest of Baghdad.
Violence left 174 Iraqis dead and wounded throughout the month of October, according to a monthly toll released by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI).
In December, the Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi announced gaining control on all the territories that were captured by Islamic State, since 2014. However, Islamic State continues to launch sporadic attacks across Iraq against troops. Security reports indicate that the militant group still poses threat against stability in the country. The group still has dormant cells, through which it carries out attacks, across Iraq like it used to do before 2014.