(IraqiNews.com) al-Anbar – On Sunday, Baghdad Operations Command announced, that 47 terrorists have been killed in a security operation by the army forces in the district of al-Karma.
Baghdad Operations said in a statement received by IraqiNews.com “Our forces, with direct and field support from the commander of Baghdad Operations, have continued advancing into the area of al-Karma and its surroundings as part of Operation Fajr al-Karma on its 19th day,” noting that, “The operation resulted in killing 44 ISIS fighters along with 3 snipers, in addition to destroying 13 headquarters and shelters for the enemy and the dismantlement of 43 improvised explosives.”
“The security forces have also managed to burn 2 vehicles and kill everyone inside them, in addition to destroying another 4 vehicles that were carrying machine-guns,” the statement read.
- Iraqi forces are 500 meters away from center of al-Karma, says military official
- Army kills 59 terrorists, dismantles 46 IEDs in al-Karma District
- MoD: Iraqi army kills 14 terrorists, dismantles 95 IEDs in al-Karma District
- IA kills 65 terrorists, dismantles 84 IEDs for the 12th day in al-Karma, says BoC
- Army kills 21 terrorists, removes 82 IEDs in operation Fajr al-Karma says MoD
- Iraqi army kills, wounds 59 ISIS terrorists for the 5th day in al-Karma, says BoC