Kirkuk (iraqiNews.com) The pro-government paramilitary troops have denied any agreements between Iraqi and Kurdish troops over postponing military operations against separatist group in Tuz Khurmatu.
“There is no any agreement between federal and Peshmerga troops over postponing the attack against these [White Flags] terrorist groups,” Ali al-Husseini, the spokesperson for al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces) in the northern axis, told Baghdad Today website on Saturday.
“Al-Hashd and the Iraqi troops are aready and await the commands to eliminate these armed groups,” he said.
Earlier on the day, news reports mentioned that federal and Peshmerga troops agreed on adjourning the army’s operation against the White Flags.
On Friday, a source from the prime minister’s office said six suspects were arrested over doubts of involvement in firing rockets against Tuz Khurmatu town. Investigations showed that investigations showed that two of the suspects belonged to the group.
Last week, huge reinforcements arrived from central and south of Iraq in preparation for operations against villages in the town.
Abu Reda al-Najjar, commander of the “northern axis” of the PMFs operations, was quoted saying an operation against the group is imminent to clear the mountains overlooking Turkmen villages. He added that the offensive is targeting the “White Flags”, a nascent entity composed of a number of separatist groups, most notably the Kurdistan Free Life Party (PJAK), a militia fighting for Iranian Kurds’ independence.