Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) On Tuesday the Governor of Nineveh Province Province, Atheel al-Nujaifi, stated that his governorate will not permit entry to any armed paramiltiary force to the province except for the central government’s Police and Armed Forces.
Al-Nujaifi, in his statement to IraqiNews.com, said “We will not allow entrance of any armed troops to the city of Mosul unless linked with the Iraqi Army.”
Al-Nujaifi also said that is a higher priority for US airstrikes to target ISIS supplies before they reach militants instead of hitting ISIS headquarters which are based in cities and surrounded by the houses of civilians.
He also pointed out that he seeks to replace the head of the security committee within the Governorate Council. Earlier, the president of the security committee moved to Baghdad and all attempts to communicate with him were lost, moreover, Iraq has witnessed a decline in security levels since Jun 10 when the state of emergency was declared by the government to fight against the ISIS terrorist organization.
- Nijaifi accuses ISIS, armed militias of attempting to assassinating him
- Shia paramilitary group leader urges Iraqis to fight for their freedom against ISIS
- Moqtada al-Sadr condemns undisclipled militias, terrorists and government delays as threats to peace
- Shia-Iraqi “Peace Brigade” militia approach outskirts of besieged city Amerli
- URGENT VIDEO: Hezbollah militias torture, execute Sunni civilians in Iraq