(IraqiNews.com) On Tuesday, vice president of Salahuddin Security Committee Khalid al-Khazraji denied that ISIS managed to control over some parts of Biji oil refinery, while confirmed that the Iraqi security forces has foiled and ISIS attack, killed 40 militants and destroyed 10 vehicles.
Khazraji said in an interview for IraqiNews.com, “It is not true that ISIS militants controlled parts of Biji oil refinery,” noting that, “The security forces were able to repel an ISIS attack on the vicinity of the refinery, killing 40 ISIS militants and burning 10 vehicles.”
Khazraji added, “It is also not true that the commander of the brigade in charge of protecting the refinery was killed,” and explained that, “The officer killed was a first lieutenant.”
- Volunteer forces kill 6 suicide bombers northeast of Biji
- Clashes around Biji’s oil refinery, around 100 ISIS fighters killed
- Coalition warplanes kill 20 ISIS militants near Biji’s oil refinery
- Iraqi forces foil attack on Biji oil refinery, 15 ISIS militants killed
- URGENT: ISIS controls Oil Institute, distribution and chemical detergents buildings in Biji oil refinery