in

Two people wounded in separate bomb attacks in Iraq

Citizens inspect the scene after a car bomb explosion at a crowded outdoor market in the Iraqi capital’s eastern district of Sadr City, Iraq.(AP Photo)

Anbar (IraqiNews.com) – Three explosive charges exploded Wednesday in the Iraqi province of Anbar, leaving two people wounded, the Security Media Cell said.

“Two people were wounded Wednesday morning when three explosive charges went off separately in al-Qaim district, west of Anbar,” IKH News quoted the cell as saying in a statement.

“All the wounded were moved to hospital for treatment,” added the statement.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Islamic State militant group, in most cases, is responsible for attacks targeting crowded areas, including markets, cafes and mosques across Iraq.

IS declared a self-styled “caliphate” in a third of Iraq and neighboring Syria in 2014. A government campaign, backed by a U.S.-led international coalition and paramilitary forces, was launched in 2016 to retake IS-held regions, managing to retake all havens, most notably the city of Mosul, the group’s previously proclaimed capital.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Iraqi troops kill four Islamic State militants in Anbar province

Trump decision on Iran’s military force will destabilize region, says Iraq