Kirkuk (IraqiNews.com) On Thursday, a security source in Kirkuk province said, that 35 elements of the ISIS group have been either killed or injured in an air strike by the international coalition in southwest of the province.
The source told IraqiNews, “This evening, warplanes of the international coalition conducted an air strike on sites for the ISIS group militants between the district of Biji and the villages of al-Riyad in al-Hawija district (located 55 km southwest of Kirkuk),” pointing out that, “The air strike resulted in killing 15 elements of the group and injuring around 20 others.”
“One of the strikes has targeted a military rank for the group,”
“The operation was based on accurate intelligence received by the coalition,” the source added.
It is noteworthy that Kirkuk (250 km north of Baghdad) is one of the disputed territories between the security forces and the ISIS militants. However, it remains under the control of the local police elements and the Kurdish Peshmerga forces.
- 16 ISIS members killed in aerial bombing southwest of Kirkuk
- Coalition warplanes kill, wound 22 ISIS militants in Kirkuk
- U.S.-led strike kills 17 ISIS militants including 3 leaders in Kirkuk
- Bashir village in Kirkuk liberated from ISIL terrorists
- Iraqi forces liberate 3 villages in southern Kirkuk
- USA to deploy A-10 Thunderbolt aircrafts in anti-ISIS operations
- U.S. Wild Boar aircraft inspires terror in ISIS ranks in Mosul