(IraqiNews.com) On Sunday, the Iraqi Interior Ministry confirmed that the leader of the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was injured, and a number of ISIS members were killed in air strikes carried out by the American lead international coalition.
The semi-official channel ‘Al-Iraqiya’ quoted the Interior Ministry “the international coalition launched a strike targeting a gathering of the terrorist organization ISIS that included Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. It resulted in his injury.”
The ministry added, “The strike killed some other ISIS leaders.”
It was also announced by Al-Arabiya News that the ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was seriously injured and a number of senior ISIS leaders were killed by coalition airstrikes carried out today in the border city of Qaim, Iraq.
There have been conflicting reports in the last few hours regarding Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s fate after a raid by the international coalition resulted in the death and injury of dozens of ISIS elements and leaders, including Baghdadi’s personal assistance in Qaim district, western Anbar.
- URGENT: ISIS spokesman confirms Baghdadi’s injury in Mosul
- URGENT: ISIS confirms Baghdadi’s injuries
- Death or injury of ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi unconfirmed by US Central Command
- USA needs more time to confirm al-Baghdadi’s death says Britain’s Chief of Defense
- URGENT: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seriously injured by air strike according to Al Arabiya