in

Eleven Islamic State members killed in joint operations in Anbar desert

Iraqi security forces. Archival photo.


Anbar (IraqiNews.com) Eleven Islamic State militants were killed, while two others were arrested in a joint military operation in Anbar desert, the Defense Ministry’s War Media Cell declared.

Jazeera Operations Command, along with the Tribal Mobilization Forces carried out two military operations from two directions,” the WMC said in a statement on Thursday. “The first direction started from the desert toward Anah town. Troops reached to three kilometers away from Anah. The second direction started from the desert toward Anah then to the main road reaching to Rawa town. Troops reached to three kilometers away from Rawa.”

“Eleven militants were killed, three motorbikes, a booby-trapped vehicle, booby-trapping workshop and three rest houses were destroyed. Twenty-two bombs were defused, while two IS members were arrested,” the statement added indicating that the operations lasted for two days.

Earlier on the day, news reports said fifteen paramilitary personnel of al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units) were killed as IS militants attacked defense line in Okashat region in western Anbar.

Anbar’s western towns of Anah, Qaim and Rawa are still held by the extremist group since 2014, when it occupied one third of Iraq to proclaim a self-styled Islamic Caliphate. Iraqi troops were able to return life back to normal in the biggest cities of Anbar including Fallujah, Ramadi and others after recapturing them.


One Comment

Leave a Reply
  1. Another great article.
    ISIS taking bullets from a male fighter and making sure to get his 72 virgins.
    Maybe it was a female, ISIS you need to make sure it is a male fighter.
    Find a male Iraqi fighter and run out in front of him making a lot of noise.
    Remember ISIS no more yelling Allāhu Akbar.
    Remember you are renouncing religious appearances and practices.
    Now hurry up!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Paramilitary official says troops not to take part in Tal Afar battle

Exclusive: Interview with Kurdistan Regional Government Foreign Minister Mustafa