(IraqiNews.com) The Iraqi Ministry of Defense announced Sunday, that the Iraqi forces, with aerial support from the international coalition, have foiled an attack by ISIS militants on the headquarters of the police in Biji.
The ministry said in a statement obtained by IraqiNews, “Iraqi security forces have foiled an attack by ISIS militants on the headquarters of the police in Biji,” adding that, “The security forces, with support from the international coalition warplanes, killed 17 elements of the group and removed 4 explosives planted in a main road in the district.”
- Governor of Salahuddin denies ISIS control on Baiji
- URGENT: Security forces withdraw from center to south of Baiji
- Iraqi forces regain control of Biji, says Salahuddin Council
- 14 ISIS militants killed, 6 vehicles destroyed in Biji
- Fierce battle between Iraqi forces and ISIS militants in Biji