(IraqiNews.com) On Sunday the organization of the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) released a video which shows the beheaded American hostage Peter Kassig, in parallel with the beheading of more than 18 members of the Syrian Regular Army.
Peter Kassig is a 26 year old US soldier who served in Iraq, before converting to Islam and establishing a humanitarian organization called ‘Special Emergency Response and Assistance’ in 2012.
Kassig is the third US hostage to be executed by ISIS, after James Foley and Stephen Sotloff. That is in addition to the two Britons who served in the humanitarian field who also met the same tragic fate.
Also in the video, the ISIS member known as ‘Jihadi John’, in his strong British accent, threatens American soldiers to face a similar fate, in response to air strikes by the coalition led by Washington against the “Islamic State.”
The CIA hads been working to verify the video and ascertain whether Peter Kassig is dead after ISIS kidnapped him in 2013.
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls condemned the execution of the American civil hostage, considering it a new “barbarian” act. He said that he received the news about the execution of the American hostage and the Syrians soldiers in horror.
- URGENT Video: Peter Kassig beheaded by ISIS with 16 Syrians
- URGENT Video: ISIS beheads UK aid worker Alan Henning
- URGENT: Al-Qaeda urged ISIS to release British hostage, Alan Henning
- URGENT Video: ISIS beheads UK aid worker David Haines
- URGENT Video: ISIS beheads American journalist Steven Sotloff
- URGENT Video: ISIS terrorist beheads American Journalist James Foley, threatens to kill another
- URGENT Video: ISIS terrorist beheads Kurdish soldiers, broadcasts video from downtown Mosul
- ISIS raped 170 virgin girls in Anbar, 50 Yazidi girls in Mosul
- ISIS terrorists beheaded infants, raped women and recorded their atrocities on film